dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, June 15, 2009

What's Going On With Chart Rigger: June 2009

Today D'luv got to meet up with blogger Dan of This Man's World, who's in town visiting family. We hung out at Starbucks in Santa Monica for an hour and a half, but I wish we had more time because I wanted to show him the cemetary where Madonna is buried.

Oops! I mean, I wanted to show him Madonna's old house, and also the Hollywood Forever cemetary. My bad.

OTHER TRASH GOING ON:
* I finally sat down with a bucket of grain alcohol and watched Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus. Wish I could report that it was at least good-bad. I had Debbie Gibson's "Foolish Beat" on repeat earlier for two hours in a vain effort to remind me she once made classy art.

* Check out D'luv & Co. on this week's Pop Panel at Pop Trash Addicts. Australian chanteuse CC Martini is guest judge. You've probably had her.

* After barrelling through season one of HBO's True Blood on DVD two weeks ago, I caught the season two premiere tonight. So far so good, but I still can't decide who's hotter—shapeshifter Sam Merlotte or vampire Bill Compton?

* It was Gay Pride weekend in L.A. I'll have to read about how it was.

* If you missed it, I interviewed Vanessa Williams for GayWired the other week. More lined up, which I'll post links to here soon.

* Which reminds me, I interviewed Ferras (who's now penning songs for Adam Lambert) like a year ago for Instinct, and it never ran 'cause I left the mag. If I get motivated enough, I'll transcribe and post the interview here.

* Like Adam Lambert, Ferras is openly gay. Didn't know that till the other day.

* Follow me on Twitter. It's riveting.

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    My peoples are gathering LA!

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger rcLoy said…

    Ryan Kwanten!!!! is the hottest thing in True Blood!!!! slurps...

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    look at you two stone cold foxes :)

    Well anything that gets you to listen to Debbie's music is a big plus for me :)

    And True Blood - well the shapeshifter is hotter (love Suki's line when she found out "you have GOT to be shitting me") but i'm with rcLoy - Ryan just needs no excuse to take his top off and get down to some kinky loving. My type of fella.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger John said…

    Finally, some class up in here! Dan's gonna make you look respectable! Now if I could get some of that for my blog...

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Tom Q Public said…

    Gosh, you mean I knew about Ferras months before His Fabulousness D'luv did? I feel so privileged! I'd dearly love to read your interview with him, and I'm sure quite a few others would. Don't know about anyone else, but I loved "Aliens & Rainbows" more than any other album last year!

    -T

     
  • At 1:55 PM, OpenID toddnoonan said…

    Ferras is a homo? Hmph.

    Yes, interview please.

    xo

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous The House said…

    Sorry, Deb, no soul for you!

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Fritz said…

    Speaking of Madonna. Have you seen this?

    http://blog.albumartexchange.com/2009/06/wtf-recycled-album-art.html

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Mike said…

    Seeing CC Martini mentioned on this blog is almost more than I can handle! Global $ucce$$!!!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Kenneth Walsh said…

    Is that the Starbucks on the Third Street Promenade where old men plow people down and they let you make your own CD?

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Reuben said…

    It will not succeed as a matter of fact, that is what I consider.
    4 | 3 | get it

     

Post a Comment

<< Home