dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Damn You, Sinitta!

So, the other day, my copy of Sinitta's The Hits+ Collection 86-09: Right Back Where We Started From arrived from Amazon U.K. I pulled into the driveway, and there Sinitta was, slumped over against my front door like a hooker making a house call. Yay!

Cut to Thursday, when I went to visit my friend Lisa, and decided to give her a crash course in the magic of Sinitta. But while the paper-thin jams of Simon Cowell's ex were dazzling all within earshot, my car was being towed away outside. I only realized it when I went out to grab my sweatshirt, which I'd left in the car. Something about me parking in front of a school—yeah, as if kids need to go anymore, now that there's XTube and TMZ!

$207 later, after rescuing my wheels from the dregs of North Hollywood, we got right back to where we started from: Torturing Lisa's neighbors with Sinitta at full volume!

The moral of the story is this: The 12" Mix of Wicked album track "I Just Wanna Spend Some Time With You" is why God invented ears, pop kidz!

Labels: ,


  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger musicdivaSF said…

    OMG! Thank you very much for this post. I was not aware that a greatest hits collection was just recently released. I am a big fan of Sinitta and have most of her classic tunes and I am very appreciative that you posted this review with a little note about her relationship with Simon Cowell (didn't know that at all). Thanks again :)
    PS: Just ordered it off of Amazon UK, thanks for the tip btw.

  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    The artwork is fabulous, quel shock. Actually, it looks and sounds like a LOT of care went into this collection. Go Sinitta. I forgot how much i'd loved her, once upon a tyme!

  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    the whole thing is so bloody wonderful and a great throwback to when pop music was kinda tinny but wonderful. I'm still waiting for her "Who put the sin in Sinitta" rumoured autobiography!

  • At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love this 12" version. Makes me long for the days when a 12" resembled the original track instead of some narcissistic remixer's masturbatory aid.

  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Shane said…

    Sinitta has a forever-lasting place in my heart. Thanks for mentioning this CD - can't wait to get it! "I Just Wanna Spend Some Time With You" is perhaps my favorite of her dainty ditties, with "Love Love Love" a close second.

    Can anyone help with one of life's nagging mysteries? In the version for this video, what are the lyrics she, ahem, sings in the phrase at 2 minutes, 19 seconds?

  • At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Patrick said…

    found a copy at AMOEBA yesterday and I have been in pop bliss for hours now. Sad that "LOve Love Love" is not included, but the remixes of "Body Shopping" more than make up for it!

  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Beasley said…

    I wonder how it is selling? I see Amazon upped the price to $27.98. I got mine for $20.99 and it should be arriving tomorrow. I wonder why "Cruising" wasn't included?


Post a Comment

<< Home