dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rihanna's New Album Is 'Rated R', But Her New Single Should Be Rated ZZzzzzzzz

Rihanna's upcoming album, out November 23, is titled Rated R. First single, "Russian Roulette," is produced by Ne-Yo. Here's the single cover:

Ryan Seacrest premiered the single this morning on his KIIS FM morning show and on his blog. Initial thoughts: Snoooooooooooooooze.

Ah well, at least it's likely to do better than Chris Brown's latest, "I Can Transform Ya." Double snooze.



  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Agreed. Song is (initially) really lame.

  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lady boo. Yes soooo boring. I don't mind when lead singles are ballads (I actually love ballads) but this is just a dumb song. Oh my god Rihanna is so edgy and dark now! The CB drama must have changed her so much. Barf.

    C'mon babe. Tina Turner pumped out some great jams after the beatings, you can do it too. Well Tina can hit more than 3-4 notes, so maybe?

  • At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Johnny D said…

    Her hair is starting to really irritate me.

    I blame Lady Gaga's bullsh!t.

  • At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Justin said…

    All the pieces are here -- good album art, good album title, great look, etc. -- except the song. I really thought she was going to nail this one.

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Everything Justin said.

    Sure, the video will probably enhance the song's theatricality, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to make it better.

  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Patrick said…

    I can't say I'm all that excited about it, but who knows? Might be a grower...


Post a Comment

<< Home