dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Kelis Gives Chart Rigger A Shout Out (Sort Of), Introduces New Song 'Acapella'

Kelis Was Here was an underrated album with several hit-worthy tracks—plus I just love how this broad just does her own thing and doesn't give a flying leap. And so, who cares if she gets tongue-tied over Chart Rigger, and calls it "Chart Trigger"? (It's certainly been referred to as worse things.)



And here's new jam "Acapella," which was posted on Kelis' official site today:



On her site, Kelis wrote, "My new album is pretty much done. I signed a new deal and am madly in love with life and ready to share something with you."

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Ha! At least she didn't call you Perez. Her hair is whack. Love the sinner, not the sin.

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger countpopula said…

    Great song! I just bought her greatest hits a couple weeks back--had a hankering for "Milkshake" (don't ask)--remembered her great Richard X song, "Finest Dreams". This sounds like it could put her back on the map. Can't wait for the album!

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    CountP, "Finest Dreams" (and that whole Richard X album) soundtracked my Xmas 2004!

    XO, the hair is cray!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger K.I.A.T.W.F. said…

    Those are six amazing seconds. Seriously! That horns/crown contraption, the over-accessorizing, the nose ring (or is that glistening snot? I truly can't tell)... all sorts of amazing. LOVE HER.

    "Get Along with You" and "Trick Me" are perfect.

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger John said…

    Great track, and classic shout out. You should change the blog for one day to "Trigger" when her CD comes out.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous shanaynay lachild said…

    girl she black AND Asian and you expert purfukt engrish? u so krazy!

    love kelis. for the fools dat only know milkshake n bossy u need to pick up the whole album and rock ur wurld.

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    As I've told you before, I thought you were called Char Trigger for a good few weeks when I discovered your site. So Kelis is in good company :P PS my hair is as insane as hers this week. I desperately need a cut!!

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    I think I'm one of the eight bloggers in the world who only really know her through "Milkshake". Sad, I know. But this track is darn good. Except, doesn't "Acapella" mean no backing music?

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    A classy new high for Chart Rigger!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home