dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chart Rigger Turns Five!

Well, I racked my brain all week trying to think of a perfect commemorative post to type out for Chart Rigger's five-year anniversary (which is today, January 22)—and then I finally thought of one! Problem is, I thought of it at 10 p.m. on Thursday, and I'd have to stay up all night banging it out. I think Miss Pussy and Cracker (above) have the right idea for now. So look for that special something sometime next week.

Until then, maybe the "perfect" thing to say is THANKS. Thank you for visiting, reading and interacting with this small corner of the blogosphere over the last half decade.

I never imagined when the notion hit me while shopping for groceries one Friday night to start a pop music blog that Chart Rigger would last five weeks, let alone five years.

But thank god it has. Otherwise I'd probably actually have a life or something. And who wants to actually deal with one of those?

Thanks again for reading. Here's to 60 more months of good beats, pop hookers, stripper poles and overall chart-rigging.

My life would suck without you,

xx
D'luv

Labels:

18 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger rcLoy said…

    Congrats! *pop champagnes!*

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    60 more months of innuendo, filth and sexcapades too of course :) Congrats dude. Long may you reign...

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger hun*ter said…

    Congratulations! ==

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Mel said…

    Congrats and Happy Birthday! :) Five years is a long time -- and a lot of commitment. Ditto to what Paul said.

    Oh, and your orange tiger cat totally looks like my tiger cat, Samcake. :)

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    Five years is ages on the Internet. Congratulations! Happy blog birthday to the often-imitated, never equaled, and still distinctive Chart Rigger.

    Nice to see the cats again! More guest appearances, please.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Yuяi said…

    Happy 5th, you big ole pop hooker you!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous ty-boxx said…

    five years, two computers (three if you count the times you borrowed mine :) and countless hours of watching my doll click away and hearing him burst into fits of laughter while chugging away on chart-rigger! I can't believe how fast it has gone!

    As Edna would say: "time flies when you're having fun!"

    congrats!

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Congratulations...Chartrigger is one of the few blogs that I bother reading. Even if I miss the others for a while, I NEVER reading posts on Chartrigger. There is a rather uncanny overlap in our musical tastes - which I still find quite odd. More than anything else, a lot of the artists you write about are artists I actually give a damn about.

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    In my comment, I meant to say I never miss reading the posts on Chartrigger.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Yeah, with the amount of useless drivel you post on an almost daily basis, I, too, am bewildered, shocked & confused as to how this has been around longer than my oral herpes!

    LONG LIVE THE LAMBS! And Madonnites!

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Jeebus, FIVE years? They slipped by like Lou Pearlman's greased thighs on a waterbed in the back of O-Town's tour bus, didn't they?

    And I still contend that CR will be remembered centuries from now for coining several terms like "Aunt Clive," "vampyre" and "pimp with a tazer."

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    Congrats!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    I'll give you your present in the backseat of the car after the end of the dance.

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger M. G. said…

    Five years, my brain hurts a lot! Five years, that's all we got!

    Congrats!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous numbfromdrugs said…

    Doll. Hookerpussyscandaltrash

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Thanks all the way around! Especially for hookerpussyscandaltrash. That really gripped me...hard.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    A belated happy birthday! I love my daily dose of Chart Rigger. Here's to another 5 year X

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Anonymous take it to the chorus said…

    Many happy returns, Chart Rigger! Here's to the next five years.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home