I Overdid It, Doll
Post-BRITs, the UK chart is a bit of a snooze this week. Florence And The Machine and Dizzee Rascal mashed up their respective jams "You Got The Love" and "Dirty Cash" live at the awards gig, and the subsequent single release—"You Got The Dirtee Love"—debuts at #2.
It's hard to believe Lemar has now been around long enough to warrant a greatest hits collection, but, hey—you blink anymore and suddenly you're knocked up again. Or is that just me? Sorry, this is what happens when you put vodka in your morning coffee. And when Lemar scores his seventh UK Top 10 hit. With "The Way Love Goes. At #8.
Speaking of D'luvisms, I'm prematurely giving Best Song Title Of The Year to The Courteeners for "You Overdid It Doll," which debuts at #28.
That's the title of my memoirs sorted out, then.
The U.K. Top 10:
1. "Everybody Hurts" - Helping Haiti *2 weeks*
2. "You Got The Dirtee Love" - Florence And The Machine/Dizzee Rascal
3. "Fireflies" - Owl City
4. "If We Ever Meet Again" - Timbaland feat. Katy Perry
5. "Empire State Of Mind (Part II)" - Alicia Keys
6. "Rude Boy" - Rihanna
7. "Don't Stop Believin'" - Glee Cast
8. "The Way Love Goes" - Lemar *new*
9. "Halo/Walking On Sunshine" - Glee Cast
10. "Starstrukk" - 3OH!3 feat. Katy Perry