dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Christina Aguilera's New Single "Not Myself Tonight" Is Xtina I Can Believe In

Christina Aguilera's new single "Not Myself Tonight" premiered in full today on her official site. I gotta admit, this might actually be the first song by her I can get behind 100%. That said, it sounds like something off Britney Spears' 2007 album Blackout. (Again, probably why I like it.)



"Not Myself Tonight" is produced by Polow da Don, who swizzed up Chris Brown's "Forever" and Fergie's "Glamorous."

Image-wise, Xtina definitely seems to be going through a Madonna phase. She's even kind of talking through 1/3 of this song, like Madge was prone to do in the early '90s. (God, that was annoying.)

Anyway, "Not Myself Tonight" is out on iTunes April 13.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *yawn* this is just a "classier" version of Dirrrty with less edge. Try again X-Tina...this wont get ya far.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    I quite like this as well - and I haven't liked much of what she's done (except for "Fighter" - that one ruled.)

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Not bad - I like everything but the chorus! Interested to hear the other stuff she recorded with Sia, Le Tigre, etc.

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I don't like Christina Aguilera. Never liked her (except for her duet with Ricky Martin). Thought I would not prejudice take over and gave this new track of hers a listen. Unfortunately, I think the song is total SHITE!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I'm struggling with it, i want to like it but after 3 listens i still fail to remember how it goes which is never a good sign!!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why did she steal the beat from Chris Brown's "Forever"? It makes the song sound dated.

    B

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Hated it at first but it's a bit of a grower. Hope the rest of the album is more inspired.

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Why is this song NOT catchy at all though???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home