dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

My Interview With Sia

I interviewed Sia, and you can read the piece over at Idolator.


On writing songs for Christina Aguilera: "There are four of them... Then we did another one for her movie with Cher. So it’s been a really good collaboration, actually. We really got along great. We didn’t bin anything, which was good."

On contributing to David Byrne & Fatboy Slim's Here Lies Love: "The Santigold track is so amazing. And the Roisin Murphy track is so amazing... It was like David just emailed me and asked me if I wanted to sing on a track. I was like, um, hi—you’re David Byrne. Yes, yes, yes. The answer is always yes!"

On doing her new album with Greg Kurstin: "Greg produced the whole album. It was my usual band, and then Greg played the piano and Nick Valensi from The Strokes played the guitar. We had scheduled four weeks for it but it took two-and-a-half, so that was awesome. It just came barfing out. Then Greg took it away."

Labels: ,


  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger prettydoc said…

    Those Coke commercials during the Olympics really turned me on to Sia. Thanks for the great interview!

  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    No prob. Glad you enjoyed!

  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    Sia is GOD! I've seen her live half a dozen times and she's amazing. Love all the leaks from her new album.

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Adem With An E said…

    Loved the interview. Tell me, did you think, for a minute, that when Sia said she had written a song for Christina called "I Am"... did it make you think about the whole iamwhoamiwtf viral??

  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Adem, to be completely honest, it went right over my effing head!

    Mike, I wondered if you were into her...


Post a Comment

<< Home