dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kelis Is Hot, Selena Gomez Has A Hit, Kate Nash Flops And Eliza Doolittle Can Kiss My Butt

Here's the cover of Grace Jones' Kelis' upcoming new album Flesh Tone (out May 17 in Europe, July 6 in the States). I love this weird broad. Her jam "Acapella" debuts this week on the official UK singles chart at #5. (Kelis previous high-charting jam "Lil Star," which featured Cee-Lo Green, charted at #3 three years ago.)

Just below that classy sass. Selena Gomez and her band The Scene enter at #7 with "Naturally," which, as stated before, has totally become My New Jam.

There's more trash this week, like Kate Nash flopping at #15 with "Do Wah Doo" and lame indie ho Eliza Doolittle and her chart disaster at #22 with "Skinny Genes," but my ass is tired after flying back to Los Angeles today after a trip to Dallas, so I'll catch y'all tomorrow.

The U.K. Top 10:

1. ""OMG" - Usher feat. Will.i.am *1 week*
2. "This Ain't A Love Song" - Scouting For Girls
3. "I Need You Tonight" - Professor Green feat. Ed Drewett *new*
4. "She Said" - Plan B
5. "Acapella" - Kelis *new*
6. "Telephone" - Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce
7. "Naturally" - Selena Gomez & The Scene *new*
8. "Carry Out" - Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake
9. "Pass Out" - Tinie Tempah
10. "Hot" - Inna

Labels: , , , ,


  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Fritz Liess said…

    Kelis' Flesh Tone has the worst album cover so far this year. I can't even imagine Grace Jones doing something like this. All of her album covers have been amazing over the years (Warhol, Gaultier, Goude, etc.) This is tacky, glittery crap.

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Patrick said…

    "Naturally" was my secret guilty pleasure for the past few weeks, but now I feel I can come out loud and proud as big fan of the track. And is it me or has that Inna song been around forever?

  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I naturally quite like naturally, as it's very much my sort of music! Was very disappointed to see my new chirpy faves The Candle Thieves nowhere near the top forty. How sad :( PS I got tickets to The Feeling in London in 2 weeks - only 200 strong venue!

  • At 2:42 AM, Blogger durga rao santhati said…

Post a Comment

<< Home