Ke$ha's "Your Love Is My Drug" Video Arrives As She Has A Stunning Debut Within The Top 10
Lady Sebert's second collaboration with 3OH!3, the tender "My First Kiss," debuts at #9. Yes, Recording Academy—might as well start engraving her name on multiple Grammys! And with song lyrics like "Excuse me, Miss, but can I get you out your panties," surely we can all start believing in love again. (By the way, my first kiss was with a priest when I was 14, but that's another story...)
Ke$ha's miracle is quadrupled by the fact that "My First Kiss" goes in just behind her other Top 10 hit, "Your Love Is My Drug" (watch the video above!), which is at #8. Of course, the fact that it's been at that position for three weeks in a row might give you the impression that the song is stuck in a bit of a rut. But do you know what the number eight symbolizes? That's right, chyldren—Jesus.
Elsewhere, the cast of Glee managed to warble all the right notes to get "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" to debut at #16 this week. And you know what—eff that! They didn't even do the Nicki French version (i.e. the only version that matters).
To this I say it's time to expel this one-trick pony program from the airwaves until the producrs can come up with some worthy songs to butcher. Maybe an all 3OH!3 episode is in order?
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Not Afraid" - Eminem *1 week*
2. "OMG" - Usher feat. will.i.am
3. "Nothin' On You" - B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars
4. "Break Your Heart" - Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris
5. "Airplanes" - B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams
6. "Rude Boy" - Rihanna
7. "Hey, Soul Sister" - Train
8. "Your Love Is My Drug" - Ke$ha
9. "My First Kiss" - 3OH!3 feat. Ke$ha *new*
10. "Need You Now" - Lady Antebellum