dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Me At The Katy Perry 'Teenage Dream' Listening Party/30 Seconds Of The "California Gurls" Video

On Thursday Becky Bain and I went to the listening party for Katy Perry's upcoming album Teenage Dream and had that funzo picture above taken. Beachy.

As for the album, it's very Dr. Luke/Max Martin-y, which—if you're like me and thought "Hot N Cold" was the best thing off Katy's last album—is good. Best songs: "Firework," "Last Friday Night" and "Pearl" are the standouts.

Anyway, best moment from the preview of Katy's "California Gurls":

Klass.

Here's 31 seconds of the vid:

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger Mr. Will-W. said…

    Amazing!! Was she present?!?! Love the photo!!!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Do you have a mustache in that pic or is just the lighting? Anyhoo, I have a shameful admission that I kind of like this song, but only bc it reminds me of something I cannot pin down. Unfortch, as expected, I now have a burning green drip from my peen.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    XO, yes, moustache...I'm currently channeling Brandon Flowers circa Sam's Town.

    Mr Will, she was indeed. She was in a gold wrap-type thing, and announced each song and made lots of sex jokes.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank the stars that a big rack seems to be back in fashion* (to yours truly, it never left).

    Can't wait to see the full vid.

    * see also
    SABRINA SALERNO vs. SAMANTHA FOX - Call Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EtSdmHBspQ

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    was just about to say that you look like a hotter version of B-Flo :) very lovely pic!!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Sweet cheeks, love that photo -- at first I thought it was the cover of a new Same Difference album!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    That is a great photo.

    Was there anyone who didn't think "Hot N Cold" was the best thing on that last album? I thought that was just one of those basic tenets of logic, right up there with "if a=b and b=c, then a=c."

    Anyway, I'm done resisting Katy. Bring on the album.

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Scot said…

Post a Comment

<< Home