dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's Katy Perry's "California Gurls" Video

Something about the Candy-Land-gone-softcore video for Katy Perry's current #1 hit "California Gurls" is quite charming (I'm chalking it up to board game pimp Snoop Dogg) and something is completely annoying (Katy herself, perhaps?).

Visually, it's a bright-colored, seizure-inducing sugary romp. Maybe it's actually Katy's stiff non-dancing that irks me. I don't know. I still like Adam Lambert's "If I Had You" a lot better.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    I don't think this is what I would have expected to be saying as my primary take-away from this video, but Snoop is totally winning (charming) here. Not sick of the song yet, but the summer is just beginning.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Anonymous K.I.A.T.W.F. said…

    God she is such an obnoxious troll. As much as I absolutely love "Hot N Cold," I'd gladly have it banished from my brain if she'd promise to go away forever.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i absolutely love her crazy rhinestone shorts! i think their custom diesel mintha shorts....

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Poster Girl, YES! I agree -- loving Snoop in the video. Katy makes me feel a wave of violence wash over, though.

    K.I.A.T.W.F., see above.

    Anonymous, if you get ahold of a pair for me, you'll be my hero forever...whoever you are.

     
  • At 6:57 AM, OpenID sandwhite said…

    "California Gurls" is this site quite charming (I'm chalking it up to board game pimp Snoop Dogg) and something is completely levitra online annoying (Katy herself, perhaps?).

     
  • At 4:55 AM, Anonymous survival games said…

    Very good info i have encounterd in my surfing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home