dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ellen DeGeneres Leaves 'American Idol' After One Season: Here's A List Of Replacements

Damn. Ellen DeGeneres must have really hated her judging gig on American Idol during Season 9—i.e. the only season she was on the show.

The New York Times reports this evening that she's splitting "effective immediately," even though she had four more seasons left on her contract. Below is part of her statement that the publication printed:
"A couple months ago, I let Fox and the American Idol producers know that this didn’t feel like the right fit for me. I told them I wouldn’t leave them in a bind and that I would hold off on doing anything until they were able to figure out where they wanted to take the panel next. It was a difficult decision to make, but my work schedule became more than I bargained for."
So now they gotta fill both that broad and Simon Cowell's seats. Well here's a list of entertainers who ain't workin':

* Judy Tenuta
* Mariah Carey
* Gary Busey
* Lara Flynn Boyle
* That "Dude, you got a Dell!" guy
* Jesse Camp
* Pee Wee Herman
* Stacey Q
* Sisqo
* Tori Spelling
* Margaret Cho
* David Hasselhoff
* The Bangles
* Stevie Nicks
* Jenny Berggren
* Linn Berggren
* Tara Kemp
* Vanilla Ice
* Johnny Knoxville
* That broad who played Bubble on Absolutely Fabulous
* Prince
* Gerardo
* Pauly Shore
* Rosanne
* Kennedy
* Janice Dickinson
* Deborah Gibson
* Tiffany

Oh, wait—Debbie Gibson and Tiffany are working!

Labels: , ,


  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Janice Dickinson! It would be like Paula, Simon and Phil Spector (the crazy, murderous side, not the musical one) all rolled into one.

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger uglyblackjohn said…

    Melanie B (Spice Girls, DWTS) would fill the seats of Paula (Pop Star) and Simon (Snarky Brit) well.

  • At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Dude...Prince IS working. He has a new album scheduled for release pretty soon. I totally approve of the rest of the list though.

  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Dan said…

    You forgot the Snapple lady. And careful with the Stevie Nicks slamming! ;) (although I could totally see her doing it.)

  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger Fritz Liess said…

    My suggestion isn't a joke:

    Jane Wiedlin

    She's cute and funny. She knows the music business. I would love to see her on the panel.

  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    screw that. let's talk about the deb/tiff clip! Smear that cake on her tits Deborah! Amazing. And ending up in the pond. classic dynasty. I think we're alone now :)

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger John said…

    Pravnav, Prince ISN'T working. Have you heard his last three albums? Margaret Cho would be fierce, but I'd rather see Sandra Bernhard in one of those seats.

  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Hey John...I am pretty sure Prince has an album out this year. I actually didn't hear the last 3 albums (I am guessing you are referring to the 3-CD set right?). I am just not a big enough fan of his to buy something that I cannot sample on itunes, youtube or amazon before deciding whether or not I want to buy it. I could be wrong about the new album though. I do not remember where I read about it.

  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous @ Pranav said…

    Pranav! You're an idiot!

    John is clearly being completely and totally sarcastic.


  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    KIDS, KIDS, let's spend less time fighting over Prince and more time checking out Moogaboo's classy new Blogger profile pic.

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Scooter said…

    love your suggestions. you could pick any 3 names at random and have a judging panel that would be more interesting and effective than Kara/Randy/Ellen. just read that Kara is now out, too. if only they could put the 'dawg' to sleep, the show just might be saved.

  • At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…


    How very dare you! That Broad who played Bubble has had a busy year - Annie Get Your Gun on the London stage, Gracie Fields biopic on the Beeb, alongside her bread'n'butter job doing TV voiceovers for a supermarket (don't knock it, that shit pays well).

  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quite useful information, thanks for your post.
    check | 5 | my have a look | this | 6 ... | 1


Post a Comment

<< Home