dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, July 08, 2010

It's Brandon Flowers' "Crossfire" Music Video

Brandon Flowers' music video for "Crossfire," his sensitive grower of a first solo single, premiered today. You know, this song took a few listens to work its way under my skin. But under there is where it's at.

Anyway, the vid features B-Flo being beaten and tortured by a pair of ninjas throughout the four+ minutes. Naturally, the first person to jump to his rescue is a butt-kicking Charlize Theron. Too bad she wasn't decked out in her Monster garb. That would have been hot.

The clip ends with them driving off in a beat-up pickup truck into the sunset. Charlize is at the wheel and she puts an arm around poor, fragile Brandon. She's such a dude.

Brandon Flowers' Stuart Price/Daniel Lanois/Brendan O'Brien-produced solo album Flamingo is due out September 14.

Labels: , ,


  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Poster Girl said…

    It's fantastic. I'm probably forgetting something so I don't want to say anything definitive, but it's at least one of my favorite music videos of the year. It's well done--really sweet, funny, and smart. I love Charlize's exasperation, Brandon's awkward semi-embarrassed, "yes, I've managed to get kidnapped again but you love me anyway, right?" smiles, and the arm around the shoulder at the end despite it all. The slow-mo explosion near the beginning made me laugh--sets just the right tone, juxtaposed with the song. Love.

  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger Jump! said…

    After the video ended all I could think about is how I wish had spent the past 4 minutes flossing my teeth instead of watching the video. I don't want to be a vile spewing trash monster but the Killers have kinda faded and I don't think the general public know Brandon Flowers. I don't think this emasculating video is going to help resolve that either.

  • At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Ann Flowers said…

    I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. What a sweet post!

  • At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Killers have only really faded in the US, Jump. Everyone else still seems to give a crap.

    I love this video, and I love the song. Fragile Brandon is adorable in ways as yet unheard of.

  • At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Call of the Wendigo said…

    Not sure about the vid but I like the single. Nicely melodramatic as always.


Post a Comment

<< Home