Here's What I'd Do With The Wanted (And, Really, Only One Of Them Has To Get Naked)
Anyway my problem with UK quintet The Wanted is that I've heard their debut single "All Time Low" on a few—maybe three—occasions now and it just doesn't beg for a repeat listen. What do you think?
Either way, "All Time Low" debuts this week atop the UK singles chart, and they join the ranks of JLS in making boy bands somewhat fashionable again in this new decade—at least for now.
P.S. The Wanted are managed by Jayne Collins, whose completely amazing 1994 Mike Stock/Matt Aitken-produced flop single "No Turning Back"—which featured in an episode of Baywatch—I literally just added to my brand new iPod yesterday.
I'd have actually rather seen Swedish House Mafia (whose member Sebastian Ingrosso co-wrote/co-produced Kylie Minogue's "Cupid Boy" from Aphrodite—which is #8 on the Brit album chart this week) and Pharrell's "One (Your Name)" hit #1.
Alas, you can't always get what you want. And that's why there are often tears after banging a hooker.
The U.K. Top 10:
1. "All Time Low" - The Wanted *1 week*
2. "We No Speak Americano" - Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP
3. "Billionaire" - Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars *new*
4. "Love The Way You Lie" - Eminem feat. Rihanna
5. "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida feat. David Guetta *new*
6. "Airplanes" - B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams
7. "One (Your Name)" - Swedish House Mafia feat. Pharrell *new*
8. "Pack Up" - Eliza Doolittle
9. "California Gurls" - Katy Perry
10. "I Need Air" - Magnetic Man feat. Angela Hunte *new*