Alexandra Burke Is #1 And Hurts Find Happiness On The UK Album Chart
Of course, raise a flag also for Brandon Flowers hitting #1 with his own debut solo album Flamingo. I'm crazy curious to see how that one's going to fly here in the U.S. when it's released this week. XOLondon did up what I'm sure is a brilliant song-by-song review of Brandon's LP, but I've thus far managed to steer clear of all leaks and write-ups. I guess I'll just be surprised once my copy of the deluxe edition arrives. Hopefully I'm not chucking it in the recycle bin come week's end.
And then there's Alesha Dixon, who, let's face, probably has her best days, hit-single-wise, behind her. There's not much about her in this era of Leona, Gaga, Ke$ha and Alexandra that really stands out. Here's hoping she can ably avoid the Sophie Ellis-Bextor curse of decent songstress/lack of fanbase. But for now, her latest single, "Drummer Boy," has debuted at #15.
The U.K. Top 10:
1. "Start Without You" - Alexandra Burke *new* *1 week*
2. "Teenage Dream" - Katy Perry
3. "Dynamite" - Taio Cruz
4. "Please Don't Let Me Go" - Olly Murs
5. "For The First Time" - The Script *new*
6. "Party girl" - McFly *new*
7. "Love The Way You Lie" - Eminem feat. Rihanna
8. "Katy On A Mission" - Katy B
9. "Club Can't Handle Me" - Flo Rida feat. David Guetta
10. "This Day" - Emma's Imagination *new*