dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Interview With Adam Levine Of Maroon 5

I recently interviewed Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. You can read part of the one-on-one over at Idolator, and more in the current (October) issue of Instinct.

NOTE: a not-so-minor typo found its way into the Instinct piece. (Grrrrr!) For the second question, I began to ask him, "As a fellow Californian, I wanted to ask you....", and he cut me off and jokingly finished my sentence, "...how long have I been gay?"

Somewhere along the way, this mistakenly got printed as me just asking him how long he's been gay. (Not my fault, Adam!) I mean, I'm ballsy, but not that ballsy.



  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Todd said…

    Really great piece. It seems that you adapted your questions to how he was responding rather than push your own agenda.

    I hope you never abandon ChartRigger as your profile as a music journalist increases. This blog is a fucking blast.

    Keep it all coming. Well done.

  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    hurrah :) Glad you had fun with Adam :) I remember asking him about gay marriages and he made some witty reparte about Elton John... who's the dude on the front of Instinct though?!

  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous shaun said…

    Did you get to see Adam or, dare to dream, touch him? Sorry, he just drives me crazy...I never would have imagined that some early-30s Jewish guy with an annoying voice would hold the key to my chastity belt...and yet.

  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Todd, abandon Chart Rigger? *Gasp* Never, my chylde! Thank you, though. Means a lot!

    Paul, not sure, but you should eff his mouth.

    Shaun, sadly, no. 'Twas all done on the phone. But wait -- no one's made you a man yet? Well, have you been properly introduced to Paul?

  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    OY vey that typo. You know what I think!


Post a Comment

<< Home