dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

When The Mail Doesn't Suck: Jason Donovan + Hurts

The just-re-released two-disc deluxe editions of Jason Donovan's PWL LPs—Ten Good Reasons (1989) and Between The Lines (1990)—arrived yesterday, along with Hurts' Happiness, which debuted at #4 on the UK album chart on Sunday. Have yet to tear into any of them, but I think my week's soundtrack is set.

On the way: Brandon Flowers' Flamingo deluxe edition (out today in the States).

Labels: , , , ,


  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger pdb73 said…

    Still waiting for my copy of HURTS to arrive....with anticipation. As for Mr Donovan, mmmmm....I still have his original releases on vinyl (which don't ever see a spin on my turntable) so I'm not sure whether I will bother with the re-issues. Be interesting to hear what you think though.

    Not sure if you are a fan of the band Texas - but I got goose bumps listening to their 'Red Book' CD this morning (flatmate was playing it). FANTASTIC!!

  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    completely forgot these were coming about by the Don. Got them on order now along with Sonia - which was oddly more expensive for a single cd. Greedy sonia! And doesn't even contain her duet with Big Fun. Hmph.

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    pdb73, all of the Jason Donovan stuff was remastered and put on iTunes last spring or early summer, and I spent a small fortune downloading it then (I'm a sucker for SAW backing tracks with the backing vocals still intact -- sigh). Then they have to go and do this, too! Anyway, great to have on CD to play in the car. As for Texas, funny you should mention -- I was just wondering if that album is any good? I liked the singles. And of course I know Texas -- "Inner Smile" came in at #9 on Chart Rigger's 40 Best Pop Singles Of The '00s list last year.

    Paul, don't forget Boy Krazy, out same day as Sonia (next week)! Did you get the Big Fun reissue? "You've Got A Friend" is on it -- both the SAW original and the SAW-produced cover of James Taylor's song.


Post a Comment

<< Home