dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Take That Cover 'Q' Magazine, Talk Trash

UK man band Take That have the cover story in December's issue of Q magazine. It's the first time all five members have appeared on the cover of a publication together in 15 years, and the images were shot by none other than Bryan Adams. Yes, "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" Bryan Adams. And "Heaven" Bryan Adams. And "Please Forgive Me" Bryan Adams. What the fuck am I talking about?

Oh, right—so in their article, it seems like Gary Barlow has to run through the same old song-and-dance about the low point he hit when he was dropped by his label in the late '90s while Robbie Williams' career was taking off:
"The thing I've learned from having Rob back in my life is that it wasn't being envious of him, it was more that I love being in the industry. I love days like today, doing a photo shoot, being driven here in a nice car. It's a nice life. And it's fucking temporary, unless you're incredibly lucky. He was getting all the stuff I wanted. I hated it when he had a pop at me, but it didn't keep me awake at night. I was just longing to get back into the industry. It was snatched away from me overnight."
Class. At least he wasn't missing something frivolous, like making music.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    will have to buy Q for the first time in ages. take that and robbie williams are costing me a fortune at the moment!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    LOL Bryan Adams. I believe he came out with a coffee table book of famous Canadians he photographed, which included Shania, Celine and Pamela Anderson!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home