dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, January 07, 2011

Ellie Goulding's 'Lights' Finally Getting U.S. Release In March

This broad has was the Next Big Thing in the UK in 2009, had a hit with "Starry Eyed" in 2010, had a couple flops after that and then had another massive hit in December with a cover of Elton John's "Your Song."

Naturally, we're a bit slow to catch on here in the States. Ellie Goulding's debut LP Lights will finally get an American release on March 8 (same day as Avril Lavigne's Goodbye Lullaby and R.E.M.'s Collapse Into Now) via Cherrytree/Interscope.

Here's the video for my fave Ellie jam, "The Writer":

Thankfully the domestic release will include "Your Song", "Animal" and "Lights"—which makes me glad I didn't shell out for that UK Bright Lights re-release after I'd already purchased the original version of the CD last spring.

Now Cherrytree just needs to give Hurts a splashy American debut.



  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    Hurts absolutely needs a massive US debut please. And Ellie - she seems to have gained confidence over the year she has been around. I quite like her now.

  • At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    "Starry Eyed" is an addictive grower but the song I absolutely love on this album is "Your biggest mistake". It absolutely needs to be released as a single. I was quite underwhelmed by "The Writer".

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Katherine Huether said…

    Listening to HURTS now and I wholeheartedly agree with that statement!

  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Lester said…

    To tell more, Check my site because it's the site having really precious things to examine.Very much thanks for post.

  • At 3:21 PM, Anonymous www.encontactos.com said…

    It won't really have success, I consider so.


Post a Comment

<< Home