dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jennifer Lopez's "On The Floor" Doesn't Quite Suck

Even though the song leaked over the weekend, the official "world premiere" of Jennifer Lopez's new song "On The Floor" happened this morning on Ryan Seacrest's website. Consider it a multi-platform promotional tactic—J.Lo is a new judge on American Idol, Ryan is the host of American Idol, Ryan has a website, J.Lo has big boobs etc. etc.

Actually, this version of "On The Floor" is a minute shorter than the one that surfaced a few days back. And I'm not exactly disliking the RedOne-produced jam.



But you just have to wonder how much anyone would care if "On The Floor" didn't build its entire melody around that hook from Kaoma's "Lambada"?



Not that "the kids these days" even know what Kaoma's "Lambada" is. But take away that sample, and all you're left with is a pile of J.Lo's big boobs.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Diva Incarnate said…

    For some pushing-40 singers, telling me to get on the floor I'd just find a bit arrogant, dellusional and rude. J-Lo on the otherhand gives me nearly a whole minute to down my drink before the track gets going - I think that's really considerate of her all things considered. I like it a lot, but will the fact that it's not 1997 go against her?

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jump! said…

    This giant turd makes Nicole Slutzinger's "poison" sound truly epic. Next!

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Justin said…

    This has potential to be a jam, but two things: take Pitbull off the damn thing. Seriously. Not every pop single needs to have a guest rap. It's boring. And the "la la la" hook needs to start a lot sooner, and bump the chorus up as well. The song lingers for a while and I lose interest. Ah, J-Lo. You'll never get it right.

     
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    I'm loving the J-Blow bitchery from you three. POETRY!!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger pdb73 said…

    *peeks around the corner* well...I personally love J-Lo *ducks the barbs* and I don't fully understand the hate. I suppose it's a case of different strokes. I do concur however that she does indeed sport an excellent rack, but that they are totally wasted on me! Thankfully I am willing to be told by an oldie to get me ass on the floor....*wiggles it*

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger John said…

    I'm really liking the track. If there's one thing you can give JLo, it's that she has a great ear for what's bangin' at the club. Execution is a bit off sometimes, but when she gets it right, it really works. Pitbull is just the icing on the cake.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha fukin haters these days!!!!

    neways love jlo made a huge comeback in the industry.....

    this is WAITING FOR TONIGHT 2011 version.....besides she only put a bit of lambada in it the rest is original..........this is more upbeat techno and club hitter....fuk kesha gaga and katy perry there songs are fukin annoyin....
    will be watching american idol tonight for the first time....simon is out finally!!!!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous MW09 said…

    This song is garbage...it should make the Top 10 of the Hot 100 soon!

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    I don't hate J.Lo. I find her attempts at singing pleasantly laughable (much like Posh Spice, but human)

    This song, however, is HORRIBLE. The "lalalalala" is absolutely retarded sounding. I predict this will stall at #32

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good drunk at a club background music....only

     

Post a Comment

<< Home