dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Roxette Return With "She's Got Nothing On (But The Radio)" Video, Sign North American Deal

Something about seeing Swede-poppers Per Gessle and Marie Fredriksson together as Roxette, nine years and one cancer scare after their last album was released, just makes all seem right in the world.

The cheeky "She's Got Nothing On (But The Radio)," the lead single off upcoming album Charm School, was released across Europe this week. And below is the video, which premiered today and features the pair doing their classic Roxette stances while a bunch of pretty kids get down at a house party.



The good new for fans of the duo in the States: music publisher Kobalt just signed Roxette to a North American deal.

"Through the deal Kobalt will also represent Roxette for synchronization for motion picture, TV, games, ringtones and other media," says a press release.

The pair's last album to see a release on these shores was 1994's Crash! Boom! Bang!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger realsugar said…

    Really great news about the US release deal. Hopefully a date surfaces soon about the album release here. I've already got an import copy of Charm School ordered from http://www.bengans.se/ just in case they decide to push it further than Feb 11, which is the Swedish release date.

    Suppose to be their best album since the Look Sharp/Joyride days. :) Being a die hard Rox fan, I cannot tell you how thrilled I am. =D

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Robbie...I am sure you hate shameless plugs on your blog (and I hope you forgive me for this!) but "She's got nothing on" has been getting 4-5 plays a day on the radio station I manage for about a week. Just click on my name in this comment and you will get to it.

    That being said, the last thing I really liked by this band was the "Attic Remix" of "Reveal". Nice but not earthshattering. I kinda feel the same about this song too.

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Blogger Diva Incarnate said…

    The last thing they released was the remixes of Reveal so...

    I don't like this song yet - mind you I can't watch the clip so won't be able to 'come around' to it until I officially buy the album.

    Didn't they release a belated greates hits with some of the Have A Nice Day tracks on it in the States?

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger John said…

    I want to like this, but it hasn't grown on me yet. Per sounded much better on "Silly Really" a couple of years ago. And did Billy Ocean dance in the video? I thought I saw him.

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The last album Roxette released in the US was "Don't Bore Us - Get To The Chorus!" in 2000, with a different track-listing.

    In 1999, Roxette signed a new US deal with EAR (Edel America Records). They were supposed to start releasing Roxette's new albums, but Edel went out of business the following year. It's the reason why Cyndi Lauper's "Shine" was never released in the US either.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    loving the return of roxette. what with ace of base back, it's like the early 90s all over again. Magnificent.

    PS if that is a real pic of realsugar he's quite dishy. That is all.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Roy said…

    I believe everyone must look at this.
    games online

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Hugo said…

Post a Comment

<< Home