U.S. Chart Roundup: Heh, Heh! Heh, Heh! Dr. Dre Said "Faggots"! Heh, Heh!
Rolling Stone cover story a few weeks back? Traaaaaashy—though read the whole thing if you get a chance. Good stuff.)
But it's Dre himself who drops the F-bomb in "I Need A Doctor" when he raps, "When the chips were down you just laughed at us, now you about to feel the fuckin' wrath of Aftermath, faggots." Okay, so the good (?) doctor is using the term in a general sense, targeting all the fair-weather MCs who turned their backs on him when he took a chance mentoring young white rapper Em. But still—faggots. It's 2011. Really?
Wonder what gay rights activist Lady Gaga, who has her own brand of headphones under Dre's "Beats By Dr. Dre" line, thinks? Maybe we're just not supposed to talk about it...
Meanwhile, Adele's 21 was released in the States this week, and is on track to debut at #1 on the next Top 200 album chart. Bet you won't catch her using "faggots" in a song.
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Born This Way" - Lady Gaga *2 weeks*
2. "Fuck You" - Cee Lo Green
3. "Grenade" - Bruno Mars
4. "I Need A Doctor" - Dr. Dre feat. Eminem & Skylar Grey
5. "Firework" - Katy Perry
6. "Fuckin' Perfect" - Pink
7. "S&M" - Rihanna
8. "Never Say Never" - Justin Bieber feat. Jaden Smith
9. "Tonight (I'm Fuckin' You)" - Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris & DJ Frank E
10. "Black And Yellow" - Wiz Khalifa