dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Lady Gaga's New Single "Judas"

Lady Gaga's second Born This Way single has surfaced online a little earlier than its Tuesday (April 19) premiere date, albeit in super low quality form.

It's very metal meets dance-pop, and the melody of the chorus lifts heavily from Gaga's own smash "Bad Romance." UPDATE: the full version was, of course, yanked down. Let's see how long this shorter clip lasts.



Meanwhile, is anyone else getting a Bananarama "Look On The Floor (Hypnotic Tango)" vibe from this?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Gordon said…

    Ugh, I just love that Bananarama song - the Solasso remix is one of the best things they have ever done.

    I can't wait to hear the Gaga song in full - it sounds all over the place, and not in a good way yet.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    I'm with Gordon, that Bananarama song was amazing, even better than their appearance on Benidorm!!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous cheremone said…

    JUDAS's on iTunes now!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Justin said…

    okay, upon first listen I was sort of "eh, it's too similar to BR". still feeling that a bit with all the "ah ah ah"'s and the "whoa oh oh"'s and whatnot, but I'm 4 listens in and it's starting to grow on me. a few thoughts: I'm hearing a sort of Jamaican slang/patois in some of her phrasing in the verses. I love how she'll do these harder electro songs and then the chorus is a burst of pure ABBA-style pop. also, I have a feeling this song is more indicative of the sound of the rest of the album, the way "Till The World Ends" was for Brit. and one more thing: I really like the cover art. the glowing red cross is great.

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I still don't get the musical appeal of this woman.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Stop trying to make Bananarama happen!

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The chap is completely right, and there's no skepticism.
    good 2 | check 3 | you may 5 superb 5 | this 7 | good 7 do not forget here | good 2

     

Post a Comment

<< Home