dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, May 23, 2011

I Coughed Up Cash For 'Born This Way' Today

I'll be the first to voice up if Lady Gaga ever turns the corner and makes a shit album. But, sorry, haters — Born This Way isn't it. I'm not saying it's the silk-lined vagina of rock and roll. Just that, upon several listens, it's a pretty solid album.

I plunked down 15 bucks this afternoon at Starbucks for the "special edition." I know the regular version was going for 99 cents at the Amazon MP3 store (today only).

Did you buy a copy?

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Jump! said…

    Passed on this one D'luv. I'm a total gaga hater.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger countpopula said…

    Robbie, I'm so proud of you, even if you gave your cash to the Wal-Mart of coffee chains. Better than that soul-sucking cloud Amazon wants you to send your music to (apparently there were some snafus there). I spent $15 at my store, and independent music store. Bro needs a paycheck.

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous MrBrady said…

    Waiting for mine to arrive. Amazon let me down on the day, but I literally have no record stores to frequent anymore. Sad but true

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous MW09 said…

    I got it for $0.99 at Amazon. It's a very good album. If I actually had $15 to spend I would've bought the deluxe version. Gaga doesn't disappoint!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Dave said…

    Its good - better than some ,nnot as good as the Holy Ghost album :-)

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    I really want to hear more in-depth thoughts about her album from you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home