dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night (TGIF)" Single Cover Is Even Better Than The Remix One

By the time the fifth single off an album rolls around, artists are usually chucking out a by-the-numbers ballad or some subpar track (see Britney's first three albums). But oddly enough, Katy Perry has gone and saved the second-best track for last (?) — "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)."

I say second-best, because we all know that the title track off Teenage Dream was a defining moment not just for this raven-haired hooker, but for pop in 2010 in general.

Anyway, the '80s geek cover art for the regular single goes along great with the one for the remixes, though this one's a bit more elaborate. And kudos to Katy putting decent added touches on the artwork for each cover.

"Last Friday Night" is produced by Dr. Luke and Max Martin. My guess is that this will be Perry's fifth #1 single in a row off the so-so Teenage Dream.



  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Pure J.Me said…

    I hope she gets another #1 from this track! Furthermore, I hope it gets to the Top 10 before "E.T." falls out, continuing her record of consecutive weeks in the top 10 (A whole year!!!).

  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    I like KP, but does she really need a record? That ho can't really sing. BUT I do love the concept. I'm hoping it's going to be a video that will not ruin the images on the cover for me

  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Project Mobius said…

    Personally, I believe the songs she has sung (not her star status; she's no Lady Gaga) give her the right to hold this record. However, that being said, I'm not sure it will continue. Katy will have to hold in the top 10 for the next 3-4 weeks to keep it going.

    The song will definitely premiere in the top 10, though, and hold there for a while. The cover is very funny, and I'm sure her video will live up to the album cover. It's not like she can't make a MV - look at "California Gurls" and "Firework"!

    Sig: Visit my own top 40 music website at projectmobius.blogspot.com!

  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Kenneth Walsh said…

    You know I'm not into current music, but glad you said that about "Teenage Dream." What a song!

  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous MW09 said…

    The cover art is glorious LOL. Such a great sense of humor! She's had four #1 singles yet her album still hasn't even been certified double platinum (she hasn't gotten platinum certification though she sold 1.4 mil+). Such a shame.


Post a Comment

<< Home