dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beyonce Does Glastonbury

My longtime London blogger buddy Richard "Tricky" Chapman emailed earlier raving about Beyonce's Glastonbury performance. And while I'm not exactly the world's biggest Bey stan, I realize some people are into this sort of thing.

So, here you go — some of the numbers she did this evening at the rock fest, in front of an audience of 175,000 (!!!!) people. The closing, with "Halo," is pretty emotional, when she walks by all the fans and lets them fondle her thighs. She's a giver, that Beyonce.

Beyonce, "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" (at Glastonbury)

Beyonce, "If I Were A Boy/You Oughta Know"

Beyonce, "Sex Is On Fire" (at Glastonbury)

Beyonce, "Naughty Boy" (at Glastonbury)

Beyonce, "Best Thing I Never Had/End Of Time" (at Glastonbury)

Beyonce, "Baby Boy" with Tricky (at Glastonbury)

Beyonce, "Halo" (at Glastonbury)



  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Diva Incarnate said…

    Nice to see Tricky pop back up again - I remember buying Juxtapose and then him completely falling off the map for me apart from knowing he did songs with Cyndi and Alanis.

    I normally can't stomach Beyonce but will give these clips a shot later when I've ... had a drink.

  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe it's me but I just think Bey sounds crap live

  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Joshua said…

    Did she not perform her recent mega-hit "Run The World (Girls)"?!??!??!

  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Diva I, yeah, the ball and chain had that song he did with Cyndi. Wasn't that in like 2001? Anyway, you're in luck - the clips have been yanked for the most part. Make it a shot.

    Anonymous, I can see your Halo, because you're preaching the truth!

    Joshua, she probably did, but who wants to hear that SHIT?


Post a Comment

<< Home