UK Chart Roundup: Why Does It Have To Flop So Hard, Sophie Ellis-Bextor?
Just behind them at #3 is Ed Sheeran with his folky major label debut single "The A Team." I like this trash — it sort of reminds me of that Nizlopi single from a few years back...
Okay, wait. I just had a panic attack when I realized that the Nizlopi song was out six years ago (!!!!). Oh, well — that's probably nothing compared to when Sophie Ellis-Bextor fell backward into the drapes, ripped the curtain rod out of the wall, crashed through the glass and plunged into the pool below after seeing her latest LP Make A Scene go into the UK album chart at #33. Her previous effort, Trip The Light Fantastic, went in at #7 on the strength of the Top 10 lead single "Catch You."
Sigh. That's a shame. Her current single "Starlight" — which was released last week via digital download only and completely failed to chart — has been my jam all spring.
On the other end of the spectrum, Take That's re-packaged re-release of Progress — now called Progressed, with an additional eight new songs — is #1 on the album chart.
The UK Top 10:
1. "Changed The Way You Kiss Me" - Example *2 weeks*
2. "Bounce" - Calvin Harris feat. Kelis *new*
3. "The A Team" - Ed Sheeran *new*
4. "Give Me Everything" - Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer
5. "Spaceship" - Tinchy Stryder & Dappy *new*
6. "Right There" - Nicole Scherzinger
7. "Mr. Saxobeat" - Alexandra Stan
8. "I Need A Dollar" - Aloe Blacc
9. "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO
10. "I'm Into You" - Jennifer Lopez feat. Lil Wayne