dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Darren Hayes Shapes Up With His "Talk Talk Talk" Video

Darren Hayes is back with "Talk Talk Talk," which I'm quickly coming to realize is his best single since "So Beautiful," and now the music video is out. It's got Daz looking emotive and pop-star-angsty while all sorts of geometric shapes spin around him. I'd do the typical online music theorist thing and assume Hayes is secretly a member of the Illuminati, but even suggesting it makes my eyes roll so far up that my head hurts.

Actually, the whole clip plays more like an homage to Tears For Fears' "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" video.



Also, good news, Darren fans: "Talk Talk Talk" was made available on iTunes worldwide today. I just bought it, and you should too, because the B-side is a cover of Madonna's "Angel," and it's pretty electro-dreamy. Nice to finally hear some vocal power on this jam.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    it's very good. I was going to blog it but you and xo did a sterling job that there was no need...

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    "Talk Talk Talk" is a pretty nice song although my favorites by Darren Hayes are still "Random blinking light" and "A Conversation with god" and "talk talk talk" doesn't come close to either of the two. The cover of "Angel" is pretty cool but pales in comparison to Madonna's original.

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Anonymous tyler said…

    love it! great to hear your voice with something new, Darren!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Paul, you should!

    Pranav, oh, there are plenty of Darren album tracks I love more than this song - "Who Would Have Thought" and "Lucky Town" off the last album spring to mind. I just feel it's one of his better singles to come along. Although "Casey" is pretty spectacular. Anyway, you reminded me that I need to dig out the single with "Random Blinking Light" on it and rip to my iTunes!

    Tyler, it's good, no?

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I will definitely check out the two tracks by Darren you mentioned. I don't believe I have heard them.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous tyler said…

    it is good d'luv. For me, Darren's strongest tracks are the album ones off of TATS and TDTWM. Commercially, I think this is more friendly than those but it still tells a story. That's what I like about artists like him, Pink, Cyndi, Neil Finn, they are storytellers who just happen to be singers. It wouldn't matter if they weren't even singing in English - I would get a sense of what they were singing about in any language. Xtina has some pipes, but I'm not sure I'd be able to grasp the emotion behind it if I didn't know the words.

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous dave john said…

    love it!!!! good to have you back singing again Darren, can't wait to see you New Year, whoop whoop ;0)

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Saul said…

    I can say that be free to visit http://shark.luvlyhome.com as it is a resource with incredibly valuable subjects to deliver.Very much thanks for info.
    10

     

Post a Comment

<< Home