dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go" Video

Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go" music video premiered today, and in addition to the Max Martin/Shellback jam being my favorite of The Wig's three Femme Fatale singles so far, it also boasts the most playful lyrics (she's singing about masturbation, y'all!).

And thankfully "I Wanna Go" now has an equally fun video, to boot. I can't really remember the last time Britney took part in a press conference, but this clip starts out with one. After being asked a series of ridiculous questions ("Is it true you banned junk food, smiles, candy, sunshine and laughter from your Femme Fatale Tour?"), Brit rattles off a series of "fuck yous" to the press and goes rogue.

Ass-grabbing, face-bashing and pop culture references (Half Baked, Crossroads, Terminator, "Thriller") abound, and at one point Spears ends up in a car with Guillermo Diaz. And he should be happy, because this is the classiest trash he's done since Party Girl!

Diaz gets his freak on by dumping milk all over his head in the car — I'm guessing that's the least he's been splashed with in the face — and in the end, Britney realizes she was daydreaming.

Which is a shame, because I'd totally stan for Crossroads 2: Cross Harder.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Moogaboo said…

    Yay for funny pop videos that are actually funny! And I used to always have a crush on Guillermo from his Party Girl days... and yeah, I still would...

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Anonymous ty_ho said…

    kitten with a whip! it's nice to see her face having some emotion again.

    it's too bad she can't dance anymore...yes, Britney, shame on you...you should still be able to shake your ass at 29!

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Moogaboo, I know you would, luv. You wicked tart.

    Ty_ho, I'm sure she shakes her ass...just not on the dance floor.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home