dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night (TGIF)" Is The Hottest Music Video I've Seen In My Entire Life

As I suspected after seeing the teaser clip, Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night (TGIF)" music video is the hands-down classiest piece of trash I've seen in my entire life. Or at least this year. Lady Gaga needs to stop drinking her own Kool-Aid and bust out a video this fun.

Where do we even begin? Viral video star Rebecca Black (who sings "Friday" — get it?) appearance as the girl who drags nerdy "Kathy Beth Terry" to the party?

Kathy Beth fondling some hot passed-out dude in her bed?

Kevin McHale looking like even more of a dork than when he plays "Artie" on Glee?

Katy Perry's transformation into...Juliette Lewis-esque '80s mall queen?

Effing Kenny G?!?

I'm just so glad this song finally got a single release. Will it replace "Teenage Dream" as my fave off Katy's latest album? Possibly. The only thing for sure is that I now have a whole new level of respect for this nutty broad.  Watch the vid below!

Labels: , , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home