dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Maroon 5/Christina Aguilera's "Moves Like "Jagger": The Best Thing Either Has Done In Ages

Strangely, I've found myself completely hooked on The Voice since it premiered in late April. I don't know which team I'm all for yet, because truthfully each coach has great singers (though I think Dia Frampton and Javier Colon are possible contenders to win the whole thing).

Anyway, Christina Aguilera and Adam Levine are two artists whose careers could use a little pep these days, and what better way to capitalize on the success of The Voice than to release joint single "Moves Like Jagger" (Adam's part via his band Maroon 5, of course)?

I'm actually surprised at how electro-pop this jam is, given the M5 factor. I mean, Adam's voice is Auto-Tuned. But I like it. Solid jam.



Of course, it does kind of make me want to hear the Rolling Stones' "Miss You" now.

The pair will perform "Moves Like Jagger" on The Voice, and the single will be made available on iTunes right after.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous shaun said…

    Adam Levine is far and away the hottest d-bag I've ever seen. You just know that, in person, he is an arshole, yet he is utterly irresistable...I blame the scruff...

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger The Captain. said…

    Clearly you and I listened to different songs. And auto-tuned Adam Levine is nothing new.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Project Mobius said…

    Solid song. Nothing legendary in the music business, but it definitely deserves the popularity it's going to get.

    By the way, you can read my story on it and listen to the song there from the link below!

    http://projectmobius.blogspot.com/2011/06/sotday-bonus-moves-like-jagger-maroon-5.html

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    love it. absolutely love it :) But then i'm a big adam/maroon 5 fan :)

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous shanaynaylachild said…

    xtina looking xtra slutty again.

    if x-tina lost 20 pounds she could move into the playboy mansion

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous jordanhousesc.org said…

    It can't work in fact, that is exactly what I believe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home