dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

UK Chart Roundup: Why Does It Have To Flop So Hard, The Feeling?

To pick up where we left off with last week's UK chart commentary, Sophie Ellis-Bextor's woefully under-appreciated (and vastly under-performing) new LP Make A Scene has now dropped from its debut position of #33 on album roundup to, well — completely out of the Top 100 albums altogether. Heavy sigh. Oh, well — I ordered my copy from Amazon UK, and look forward to its arrival shortly. Don't spend the £1 royalty all in one place, luv.

This brings us to Lady Bex's guitar-strumming husband, Richard Jones, and his band The Feeling, whose third album Together We Were Made has a #22 debut this week. That is, of course, a far cry from the #2 peak of their Platinum-selling 2006 debut Twelve Stops And Home and the chart-topping glory of previous effort Join With Us. But with lead single "Set My World On Fire" getting no higher than #129 and a gulf of three years dividing their sophomore album and this one, I guess we couldn't really expect a miracle.

Over on the singles chart, Jason Derulo's utterly shit Robin S-sampling "Don't Wanna Go Home" has become his second UK #1 (after "In My Head"). Wake me up with he stops sampling/interpolating other artists' material...or, preferably, stops recording altogether.

The UK Top 10:

1. "Don't Wanna Go Home" - Jason Derulo *new* *1 week*
2. "Changed The Way You Kiss Me" - Example
3. "Bounce" - Calvin Harris feat. Kelis
4. "Give Me Everything" - Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer
5. "The A Team" - Ed Sheeran
6. "Mr. Saxobeat" - Alexandra Stan
7. "Badman Riddim (Jump)" - Vato Gonzalez feat. Foreign Beggars *new*
8. "The Edge Of Glory" - Lady Gaga
9. "Right There" - Nicole Scherzinger
10. "I Need A Dollar" - Aloe Blacc

Labels: , , ,


  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    It's called poor promotion.I mean, how many average joe listeners even know that The Feeling has a new album out? I consider myself a casual fan but I have lost count of the number of times I've played "Searched every corner" (which ought to be the second single off this album) on repeat.

  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I absolutely match with your post.
    nice 2 | superb 6 | also site this 4 | this check | you may 5 you may here | nice site


Post a Comment

<< Home