dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Erasure Announce New Frankmusik-Produced Album 'Tomorrow's World'

Yesterday Erasure announced on their site that their first studio LP in four years, Tomorrow's World, will be released on October 3 overseas, and October 4 here in the States. A quick glance at Wikipedia notes that the album is produced by the busier-than-ever Frankmusik.

Today the duo's site revealed that the LP will be preceded by the single "When I Start To (Break It All Down)."

Interesting, though I think the days of me getting excited over a new Erasure album have come and gone, given their output in the recent decade (save for the rad Total Pop! box set).

I'm actually more thrown for a loop that this summer marks 20 years since "Chorus" (the single) was released.

Labels: ,


  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good info - I'll give it a spin for sure just for the Frankmusik connection.

  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger backyard hangout said…

    Ah, man what an incredible song.When i first heard it, i just couldn't believe it, i swear i played it a gazillion times. And it still has it... fck.. melody... unbelievable.. synth production... amazing... shew lordy me.
    thanks a million for the reminder

  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Not a huge fans of these guys (my aunt loves them though!) but I think they have had a few promising moments in the last 10 years and those promising moments are "I broke your heart in two", "here i go impossible again", and "when a lover leaves you". The rest has been pretty uneventful.


Post a Comment

<< Home