dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, July 09, 2011

The Rihanna Concert In Dallas Was Fun...UNTIL THE STAGE CAUGHT ON FIRE

Well, Rihanna performed in Dallas tonight for about an hour. But when she finished up with "California King Bed" and exited the stage, the pyrotechnics caught fire up above the big screen at the back of the stage, and, well, everyone bolted.

With the concert cut short, that means I didn't get to hear "Rude Boy," "SOS," "Umbrella" or "What's My Name." Dammit!

Rihanna fired (ahem) off a couple tweets right after:
"DALLAS!!! We set the stage on FYAH tonight!!! LITERALLY!!! I'm so pissed, I was havin so much fun wit yall too!!! I gotta come back man!!"

"Heading into a production meeting to find out exactly what happened!!! Keep u posted #LOUDtourDALLAS"
I snapped the above pics of the firetrucks as they arrived. Oh, well — I'm off to Italy for a week-and-a-half on Sunday, then L.A. and then Pittsburgh. Way to close out my Dallas stint with a bang, RiRi.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home