dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Take That Take A Bow, Bid The 'Progress' Era Farewell With "When We Were Young" Video

Two nights after I caught Take That in Milan, along comes the "When We Were Young" music video. It's the last single from the quintet's Progress/Progressed album, and, as mentioned before, will feature in the upcoming film The Three Musketeers.

The video is basically a black and white affair shot around their Progress Tour. Thankfully it's not all concert footage.



Just a quick note on the concert, because I don't have much time here in my room (I'm in Venice) — it was pretty spectacular, even from way up in the peanut gallery, where I was sitting.

The Robbie Williams solo bit in the second act (the first act being the other four doing songs from Beautiful World and The Circus plus "Rule The World") was way too long, and he's way too obnoxious for my d'luvvly taste. He was fine, though, when he was eventually joined up with the other TT members and singing their less self-centered material.

The guys skipped the Beatles medley they'd (apparently?) been doing at the UK shows, too. My favorite bit was "Love Love," when they were riding on the giant mechanical "universal man." Other good parts: "The Flood," "Pray," "Never Forget" and, of course, the entire stadium of 78,500 people singing along to "Back For Good."

Here are three of the pics I snapped of the stage (go here to see the hot security guard I was fixated on before the show began):

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home