dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Take That's Next Single Is "When We Were Young"

Folks, my ass lands in Italy in four days, and I'll be seeing Take That in concert in Milan the day after that. Ahead of my plans to touch Howard Donald's bare chest backstage thoroughly enjoy the live spectacle, the band announced today that Progressed track "When We Were Young" is to be their next single — official release date, August 22.

And looks like the That are continuing with their movie tie-ins, following X-Men: The Last Stand jam "Love Love."

Says their official site:
"'When We Were Young' will be the theme song in the upcoming feature film adaptation, The Three Musketeers. The highly anticipated 3D action-adventure has a impressive cast, including the likes of Logan Lerman, Milla Jovoich and Matthew Macfadyen and will be coming coming to cinemas in the UK on 14 October.

"Gary, Howard, Jason, Mark and Robbie were inspired to write the song after a private screening of the flm in LA with the director Paul W.S. Anderson. Here's what Gary had to say about the new single: 'The film is visually so rich and beautiful that our main challenge was to then match it musically. We've returned to guitars, real pianos and a conventional song structure to achieve this. We also thought that the Musketeers reminded us of ourselves.'"
Interestingly, Logan Lerman is playing Charlie, the main character in the movie adaptation of The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (co-starring Emma Watson), which only happens to be my favorite book of all time, and is currently being shot in my hometown of Pittsburgh.

Anyway, here's "When We Were Young":

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:59 PM, Anonymous PopLedge said…

    Have fun in Italy! Looking forward to hearing all about it! Best thing about a new TT single? A new video with Howard in guy-liner, whoop!!
    Sarah

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I have to admit that when I heard the 30-second clip of the song, it did nothing for me. Now that I've heard the entire song (my copy of "Progressed" only got to me a week ago!), I absolutely love it. It is super-addictive and just might be one of the best tracks on the new EP (right alongside "Don't say goodbye" - I mean, seriously, how can you NOT like a Gary Barlow falsetto????)

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Paul said…

    i'm ignoring this. I am saving Progressed til later this year, when I have exhausted the Progress album which should have SOS and 8 Letters as singles. Then when everyone is waiting for new take that, I can revel in somewhat new to me music!

    (this goes for the 2nd disc on the feeling album too, which i may be the only person in the universe to like :/ )

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    PopLedge, I will - almost there, on a layover in Frankfurt now! Concert tomorrow night.

    Pranav, so agree. The song didn't fully hit me till I heard all over it. Now it's strangely one of my faves off the new mini album, despite it's deceptive boring nature.

    Paul, I still haven't listened to the Feeling album :( That said, I played "Love It When You Call" from the first one the other day about 6 times in a row. Poor Dan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home