dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, July 03, 2011

UK Chart Roundup: Beyonce Is On The Rebound

Looks like Beyonce's UK fans have forgiven her for the fail that was "Run The World (Girls)" in the wake of her well-received Glastonbury performance last week, as her latest single "Best Thing I Never Had" lands a solid debut at #3 on the singles chart.

Likewise, Bey's new album 4 debuts at #1, giving her a second chart-topping album in the UK, and her first since her debut Dangerously In Love.

One act not faring as well on their home country's album chart is The Feeling. Sadly, their third LP Together We Were Made plummets from last week's disappointing debut position of #22 to #71.

The UK Top 10:

1. "Don't Wanna Go Home" - Jason Derulo *2 weeks*
2. "Changed The Way You Kiss Me" - Example
3. "Best Thing I Never Had" - Beyonce *new*
4. "Bounce" - Calvin Harris feat. Kelis
5. "Give Me Everything" - Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer
6. "The A Team" - Ed Sheeran
7. "The Edge Of Glory" - Lady Gaga
8. "Mr. Saxobeat" - Alexandra Stan
9. "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" - Katy Perry
10. "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" - Coldplay

Labels: , , ,


  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger JessiJordan said…

    My name is Jessi Jordan and I am a singer, songwriter and music producer from New York City.
    Through hard work & perseverance, traveling along a road filled with many emotional ups and downs and bumps and bruises, I've gotten to work with some of the music industry's hottest stars, including Beyonce and Pink and even produced a song that became a #1 hit in the UK and Australia. For the first time ever, I saw my name listed as producer in Billboard Magazine on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and it was a dream come true!

    Now I am launching my career as an indie pop artist and I was wondering if you would be interested in writing about my campaign!

    You can check it out at http://www.indiegogo.com/1-MILLION-SONG-DOWNLOADS

    Looking forward to hearing from you!



  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    gawd... can ppl PLEASE stop encouraging Weaveyonce's every indulgence? She'll never get back on track this way!!!


Post a Comment

<< Home