dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, August 12, 2011

It's Coldplay's 'Mylo Xyloto' Album Cover

Coldplay's fifth album Mylo Xyloto is being released on October 24, while next single "Paradise" arrives September 12.

Yeah, that cover art does nothing for me. I'm not saying it's bad...it just kind of makes me think of U2's Achtung Baby cover. Which looks nothing like it. Only it sort of does. But not really.

Okay, it's the colors.

So meanwhile, Achtung Baby was released 20 years ago. That makes me want to start fastening a noose...

UPDATE: A few commenters suggest that U2's Zooropa album cover is probably more along the lines of what I was thinking. And while that wasn't consciously what I had in mind, I now see the similarities. (PS — Zooropa = my favorite U2 album.)



  • At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think its the Zooropa album you're thinking of, that looks liek the coldplay cover, not Achtung Baby

  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was gonna say Zooropa album also. And I actually love both album covers.

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Good call. Perhaps subconsciously that's what I was thinking? I added the cover for Zooropa above.

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jump! said…

    OMG! Zooropa is my fave U2 album also - Let's be BFF's D'luv!! "Daddy's gonna pay for you crashed car" is a classic not to mention Peter Greenaway used it several times in his film "the pillow book".

    Not a big coldplay fan but i did like "X&Y" so maybe this will new album will be a step up from "Viva la vida or death and blah blah blah"....


Post a Comment

<< Home