US Chart Roundup: Party Rock Is In The Trash Tonight
It's not that I don't like "Party Rock Anthem," mind you. At this point, after hearing it practically every time I bother to turn on the radio, I just feel kind of numb/confused/bewildered/mystified/tortured/assaulted/raped by it.
Speaking of which, Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera's "Moves Like Jagger" makes its way back into the Top 10, at #8, after spending a lone week at the same position when it debuted on the Hot 100 nearly two months ago.
Likewise, on the Top 200 album chart, Adele's 21 returns to #1 for a 12th non-consecutive week. That's now the longest stretch at the top for an LP since Santana's Supernatural was #1 for the same amount of time between 1999 and 2000.
And that, folks, is fascinating...
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO/Lauren Bennett/GoonRock *6 weeks*
2. "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" - Katy Perry
3. "Super Bass" - Nicki Minaj
4. "Give Me Everything" - Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, AfroJack & Nayer
5. "Lighters" - Bad Meets Evil feat. Bruno Mars
6. "How To Love" - Lil Wayne
7. "I Wanna Go" - Britney Spears
8. "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
9. "Rolling In The Deep" - Adele
10. "Tonight, Tonight" - Hot Chelle Rae