dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Aqua's "Playmate To Jesus" Video Is Giving Me A Total Religious Experience

Aqua's "Playmate To Jesus" video has premiered, and unlike that, uh, cartoon-hero-ish, low rent clip for "How R U Doin?", this one actually has some classy visuals and a budget of more than 20 bucks and a stack of bingo chips.

The vid for the second single off the upcoming Megalomania (out October 3) features vocalist Lene Nystrøm in an empty house, doing the appropriate pop starlet slow-mo poses while decked out in goth drag (and Lady Gaga hoof heels).

The other band members are like angst-ridden bodyguards, occasionally hovering around her. And all I can think is that I'd still totally rip the clothes off the dude with the facial hair and make him my Jesus playmate.




  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jump! said…

    One of things about Aqua that irritates me (in a good way) is that they are able to write these really amazing/serious ballads like "Aquarius", "turn back time" and "my mama said" but are known for their bubblegum tracks about barbie girls and bumblebees.Its kinda sad because there some really fantastic songs people dismiss hidden underneath the plastic froth.

    This video seems like a sequel of sorts to "my mama said". I like it.

  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger John said…

    I don't know what the video is about other than just a stylistic trip to Heaven, but the song is really good. Someone is doing a great job with the imaging of the band. The album cover for Megalomaniac is pretty impressive as well.

  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous shaun said…

    Also, agreed re the cutie with facial hair...I'd hit that.

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Todd said…

    Surely, you're the only legitimate blogger in the world that's reviewing Aqua. I mean, come on...

  • At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    this actually is a half-decent song. I can't believe I am saying that - especially since I detest everything I have heard by Aqua except the beautiful "Turn back time".

  • At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Damian said…

    Quite worthwhile material, thanks for your post.


Post a Comment

<< Home