dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, September 09, 2011

Avril Lavigne's "Wish You Were Here" Video Is A Real Tearjerker

I'm not sure how exactly the campaign for Avril Lavigne's Goodbye Lullaby album went off the rails, but she (or rather, her label) has released the best trio of singles possible from it. And for the record, "Smile" was totally one of my summer jams.

Anyway, today Av released the video for her third single "Wish You Were Here." Like  "What The Hell" and "Smile," the song was produced by Max Martin and Shellback, though this one is a heart-tugging power ballad with a more subdued video.

Last night the Canadian broad tweeted, "My music video for 'Wish You Were Here' is coming out tomorrow (and the tears are real... no onions!!)"

I'd be really surprised if Avril gets another single/video release off the album. So at least this is a nice way to go out.

Labels: , ,


  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger wpmsd said…

    I love Avril- she was my favorite artist of the 00s. But my two least favorite songs on her album were the first two singles. What the Hell was okay, although the lyrics were pretty stupid. But I hated Smile. Once Smile is done, then we get to the best songs on the album. And I agree that Wish is a nice ending to the album.

  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Avril Lavigne said…

    I love Avril and this song so much it mad me cry when I heard she actually balled in the video and that it was not her acting


Post a Comment

<< Home