US Chart Roundup: Maroon 5 Land Second #1 Hit, Christina Aguilera Her Fifth
Anyway, here we are in 2011, and Xtina finally has a follow-up #1 single with "Moves Like Jagger." Oh, right — and Maroon 5 are on the song, too. As I've said before, this Shellback/Benny Blanco-co-produced jam is the best thing from either of these two in a long, long time.
M5 frontman Adam Levine also creeps into the Top 10 at #10 as a featured artist himself, on Gym Class Heroes' "Stereo Hearts." I really want to dislike that song, but it's got such a good beat, no? The song marks the Travie McCoy-fronted band's first Top 10 hit (and, for that matter, Top 40 hit) since "Cupid's Chokehold" went to #4 five years ago.
"Cheers (Drink To That)" moves to #11 following the music video premiere, Lady Gaga's "You And I" flies up 19 positions to #16 and Adele's "Someone Like You" climbs from #34 to #19. The London singer has been #1 on iTunes since her haunting performance at the MTV VMAs on Sunday, so expect the song to be pretty high up on the chart this time next week.
Elsewhere, Dev's "In The Dark" and Alexandra Stan's "Mr. Saxobeat" both crack the Top 40, at #37 and #38, respectively — thus rounding out the so-called Summer Of Sax quite effectively.
Finally, Florence + The Machine's new single "What The Water Gave Me" (a perfect autumn jam, if you ask me) debuts at #91, giving the singer a second appearance on the Hot 100.
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5 / Christina Aguilera *1 week*
2. "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO/Lauren Bennett/GoonRock
3. "Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster The People
4. "Lighters" - Bad Meets Evil feat. Bruno Mars
5. "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" - Katy Perry
6. "Super Bass" - Nicki Minaj
7. "How To Love" - Lil Wayne
8. "Good Life" - OneRepublic
9. "Give Me Everything" — Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
10. "Stereo Hearts" - Gym Class Heroes