US Chart Roundup: 'Glee' Is A Flop In Season 3
Meanwhile, those Glee songs are really flopping, aren't they? The cast's rendition of Coldplay's "Fix You," which has been the series' only Top 10 iTunes hit with Season 3, arrives at a disappointing #53. Elsewhere, "Girls (Who Run The World)" crashes and burns at #91. That said, Beyonce probably wishes she could land a chart position that high up these days.
Glee is three episodes into the third season (it's on a break until November due to baseball playoffs), but the show has progressively dropped in the ratings each week since it premiered in September.
It might help if the producers ditched the Broadway numbers — of which Glee has been heavy on lately — and started going back to hits the general public knows and can sing along with.
That, and they need to get a new storyline that doesn't seem like re-heated pussy on a stick.
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Someone Like You" - Adele *3 weeks*
2. "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera
3. "Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster The People
4. "Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO
5. "Stereo Hearts" - Gym Class Heroes feat. Adam Levine
6. "Party Rock Anthem" - LMFAO/Lauren Bennett/GoonRock
7. "We Found Love" - Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris
8. "Without You" - David Guetta feat. Usher
9. "You Make Me Feel..." - Cobra Starship feat. Sabi
10. "You And I" - Lady Gaga