dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Will Young's "Come On" Video Is Best In Show

With Echoes, Will Young has released one of my favorite albums of the year. The record, produced entirely by Richard X, has proven to be a steady seller in the UK, and lead single "Jealousy" gave Will his first big hit in years.

And so along comes the second single, "Come On". While I like the song, I have to say, "Losing Myself" would have been my choice for the next release from Echoes.

At any rate, I will admit that the "Come On" music video — which is set at a dog show, with Will possessing the canine that just won't cooperate — nearly made me an emotional wreck. There's just something about animals or pets that, when they're threatened with harm or jeered by others, triggers some protective mechanism within.

Will's dog triumphs in the end of the clip, but you sort of get the impression that it's a dream sequence.

Good song. Excellent video. And, as I said, spectacular album.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    What can be cuter than Will Young and a pup?

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I would have preferred a "sped up" version of "Runaway" as the second single. I've been playing it for a bunch of my friends here at grad school and none of them have even heard of Will Young and they're loving "Runaway".

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Damien said…

    For me, the second single should've been "I Don't Want A Lover"... but this video has sold me on this song.

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger Andrew said…

    What a silly fucker! I was totally not expecting this, amazing! Oh Mr. Young, why are you so cute.

    I really didn't think this song was going to be a single, I thought it was more of a filler but it is a great song (I do like Kish Mauve's better). I really hope Runaway is a single. That is the best song on this album for me.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger xolondon said…

    Really? U always tryin' to fuck my cats.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous shananay lachild said…

    that's cute but will shudda reached out to alex parks - a good dyke knows a tin of peanut butter is all u need to get a dog to do tricks.

    britins got talent!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Prosper said…

    Quite useful material, thanks so much for the post.
    bake pops reviews | rip 60 reviews | eggies reviews

     

Post a Comment

<< Home