dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Duran Duran's "Girl Panic": A Contender For Best Video Of The Year

Duran Duran's video for All You Need Is Now single "Girl Panic" was directed by Jonas Akerlund, stars Naomi Campbell as Simon Le Bon, Eva Herzigova as Nick Rhodes, Cindy Crawford as John Taylor and Helena Christensen as Roger Taylor.

I know, I know. But just watch it.

Set in London in the aftermath of a rock and roll party that never ends, it's the kind of loud, extravagant, over-the-top and, needless to say, expensive video that is somewhat of a dinosaur in these days of record label collapse. Or at least it's poking fun of those types of videos. Or maybe a little of both.

Who the fuck cares — they're Duran Duran. They can do what they want at this point.



I will say that I've been totally stanning for All You Need Is Now since the spring. "The Man Who Stole A Leopard" is my jam.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Todd said…

    Very cool. Not sure it's a music video though. Sort of like a short film laid over the track. I suppose this album has been a success considering they released it independently. I still love D2.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger dishy said…

    Their best album since the old days! WHAT THE FUCK DOES STANNING MEAN? Shit I am old.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I wish they had stuck to a conventional music video format...it would have rocked. The song does get lost between the talking bits.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home