dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Adam Lambert Does "Better Than I Know Myself" On The 'Tonight Show'

Adam Lambert gave the first late night talk show performance of his lead Trespassing single "Better Than I Know Myself" on the Tonight Show With Jay Leno last night.

At first, something made me think the whole thing was going to be somewhat understated — maybe it was the fact that this was the first time we were hearing the slick pop jam in a live setting. But then Adam hauled out his powerhouse vocals toward the end, and the audience's knickers collectively dropped to the floor.

Who knows — maybe people will actually start downloading this song now?

/div>

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally awesome performance last note. Adam Lambert was king of my world! Utterly thrilling.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I loved it. Don't know why it's not on the charts yet.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This was the first performance of the song. The Glamberts all have it but the general public is just getting its first taste. And talk about starting with dessert! He will be on Ellen tomorrow and hopefully they will start to play it on the radio. I haven't heard it in Pittsburgh yet. :(

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger r0r0 said…

    He is unbelievably talented. No one comes even close. The performance was mesmerizing, song is well-crafted and I love everything about him. The promo has just officially started, so he will be just fine.

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Anonymous SharonS said…

    Better Than I Know Myself was on the Billboard charts with absolutely NO promo at all from anyone but fans. It debuted HOT 100 at #76 which is incredible w no promo. It's now been released to radio and is gaining spins daily. Most new singles don't do well out of the gate w/o major radio play and promo so BTIKM is doing remarkably well.

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous SharonS said…

    Adam will perform BTIKM on Ellen tomorrow Jan. 18th so tune in for another amazing performance. It's going to be hard to beat the one last night but knowing how Adam changes up the song all the time it could happen. Can't wait for Trespassing due out March 20th in US

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this guy!!! This song has gotten into my head and I find myself singing it wherever I go. What a catchy song, what a magnificent voice. Can't wait for his album to come out in March. I've already ordered my copy.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Todd said…

    Wow. Bring it on, Glamberts.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger jo ann jackson said…

    OMG, Adam justs gets better, Love Adam and this song and Adams vocals are the BEST. Thank You, Adam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home