dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, March 02, 2012

Alphabeat's New Single "Vacation" Will Be Available In The US

Sometimes you wake up, and there's just really awesome news lying in wait. For instance, Alphabeat announced their new single "Vacation" off their upcoming their third album today. And while the Danish popsters are making us wait till Monday to find out the exact details, they did tease with this:
"...the EXTREMELY GOOD NEWS is that it will be available for download on iTunes in our beloved DENMARK, all over beautiful EUROPE and in the amazing US!!!"
In a perfect world (i.e. one run by me), "Vacation" and the rest of the upcoming people will pick up where previous album The Spell (or, depending on where in the world you live, The Beat Is...) left off, with the Black Box-esque early-'90s house sound the band employed perfectly.

Alas, I fear I may be the only Alphabeat fan in the world who would want that.



  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger John said…

    You're not THAT special. Any new Alphabeat music is a good thing, let alone music available here in the US.

  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Kirk Fontenot said…

    You're not the only one! I love "The Spell" and still listen to it pretty often. I hope the new stuff doesn't switch things up too much. :-)

  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger gdave53925 said…

    Can't wait for the new album. I love there first two. The Spell is on of my favorite albums I listen to it all the time.

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Todd said…

    I'll bite. But only to make ChartRigger happy.

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Ha ha! Well, I see I'm not the only one after all. That album was pretty much my jam all through 2010, part of 2011 and is now my jam again while waiting for their new stuff.

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger L.B. said…

    I want that too-- still listening to The Beat Is at least weekly.

  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    You're definitely not the only one. "The Spell" is a perfect album.


Post a Comment

<< Home