dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, March 09, 2012

Madonna's 'MDNA' Previews So Far: "I'm Addicted," "Love Spent" & "Gang Bang"

The world at large continues to be perplexed by Madonna's MDNA. While many of Ye Olde Vampyre's fans lamented the choices of "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Girl Gone Wild" as the first two singles off the album, track-by-track reviews from such outlets at the Telegraph and PopJustice seem to indicate that we'll be jamming Barbie Doll legs up ourselves over this record for quite some time.

So, for us peons who've missed out on being invited to some swank London listening party for the album, let's rate the clips we've heard so far over the past week.

"I'm Addicted": This trash didn't impress me the first few times I played it. It's not really easy to guage based on this minute-long snippet alone, but, I've since changed my mind, I have a feeling it might turn out to be quite a jam. Still, that "M, D, N, A! M, D, N, A!" is someone annoying, no?



"Love Spent": Finally, the first song from this whole shebang that sounds like it has a catchy pop melody! This short clip alone has made me forgive the broad for Hard Candy and Music.



"Gang Bang": Oooh, Madge is getting dark. This is what I picture plays in her mind when she's soaring through the air like the Vampyre that she is, in search you young blood. Seriously, though, it's nice to finally hear her going in a different direction. Those first two so-so singles appeared to signal that Madge and all involved had run out of ideas. But "Gang Bang" has her getting all Lil' Kim on a bitch, which could well be just how we like her now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger xolondon said…

    I'd love to know - or NOT - what encounter you had with a Barbie doll as a teen. Or maybe a GI Joe?

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger dishy said…

    It was a G.I. Joe with lifelike hair I bet

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger D'luv said…

    Sorry, whores - it was She-Ra.

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger countpopula said…

    I actually don't mind the singles so far. The first one was good, silly fun, and the second is nothing deep, but Britney would have probably killed for this song, and Xtina only wishes her songs were this instantly catchy. Looks like the video may help its stature.

    As for Hard Candy, I decided to go back and make a playlist based on my favorite songs from it mixed with tracks that may have come soon after (or were saved for the Celebration comp), or demos that were lying around. It doesn't annoy me nearly as much now, as there were some particularly good songs buried under the hack production. Try this:

    Infinity (demo)
    Revolver
    Heartbeat
    Across the Sky
    Broken (I'm Sorry)
    Miles Away
    She's Not Me
    Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
    Celebration
    Beat Goes On
    Dance 2Night
    Give It To Me (Oakenfold Remix)
    Voices

    Who needs 4 Minutes anyway? Everything in that song apart from the marching band horns annoys me to no end! And the mix on the original Give It To Me is appallingly bad, holding the song back from being so much more. Just my opinion.

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Liggy said…

    I've always been a big Madonna fan but this new album is just not grabbing me right now. I'm actually kind of disappointed with it. :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home