dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" Video: Yeah, So?

Let's get down to brass tacks, kids: Talk That Talk sucks, "Where Have You Been" is the only other good song on the album next to "We Found Love" and Rihanna needs to go on a very long vacation.

I feel like Kylie Minogue and Michael Jackson already did this video way better back in the day. It's still a decent song. But hopefully after this flops, RiRi let's this album go and takes a much-needed break. (Though, even if she does, I feel her career peaked already with "We Found Love".)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Joshua said…

    I am disagreeing! The video is HOT, and even though I was already so sick of the song (I am SO OVER MESSY ELECTRO MUSIC), the video really rekindled that flame! It is seriously a spectacular video. It reminds me of Kelis' Acapella a bit too.

    I have a feeling this song will hit Top 10, if not #1..........

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous shaun said…

    I agree with you, D'luv -- it's nothing to be ashamed of, as she's forged one hell of a career and catalog within a short span, but I do believe that "We Found Leave" will be looked back upon as Rihanna's climax (;o). The rest of her career will be falling action -- albums that sell OK but not gangbusters and singles that crack the top 10 from time to time, but not much more (see also Britney). I could be wrong -- a little time away from the spotlight might change the way I and others view the state of her career. However, if she continues to refuse to allow me/us that brief respite between singles and albums, we'll never know. "Love the way you lie," RiRi, so go take a nap!

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Dandelion said…

    I LOVE IT! I don't want RiRi to go away. I never want her Barbadan Domination to end!

    I honestly feel as if she gets better every year, even if it's just the hitmakers behind her getting savvier.

    LOVE THIS DARK JAM!

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger Ujawal Singh said…

  • At 5:52 AM, Blogger Priya Sharma said…

Post a Comment

<< Home